Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
What is Artist-Listing.com?
Artist-Listing.com is a free web space designed specifically for artists. There are several places where artists can display their work online, but most are hard to navigate, often expensive, and are too complicated for the needs of most artists. We provide a simple solution for artists to display their work online.
Is Artist-Listing.com really FREE?
Our free plan is free and allows up to 2 images. We offer a Basic plan ($25/year) and an Artist Portfolio plan with enhanced features for $120 per year. View plans here.
How do I activate my account?
After you register for an Artist Listing account, you are automatically emailed a registration email that contains your username and password as well as a link that you need to click on to activate your account. Once your account is activated, you will be able to login.
I haven't received my registration email to activate my account, what do I do?
If you haven't received your registration email then it may have been accidentally filtered from your inbox. The first thing to do, is to check all of your bulk, junk, trash, or spam folders. If you do not find it in any of those folders, then please contact us.
How many images can I upload to my free account?
You can upload up to 2 images for the free plan, or up to 30 images for the Basic plan on your Artist Listing page.
What types of image files can I upload?
We only accept standard "web" image files up to 999K in size, those with the
following extensions: .jpg, .jpeg, .gif.
Please note that .pdf, .html, .tiff, .doc, .bmp are NOT correct web image formats and will not be displayed.
How big of an image file can I upload?
The max image file size that we accept is 999K. Anything larger will not upload correctly and may cause your portfolio not to update correctly.
Setting up your Artist Listing page:
- Log in to your Artist Listing account using your username and the password that was emailed to you in the registration email.
- The first thing you should do is Edit Profile. Here you'll enter your name, address, phone number, website address and whatever personal information you want displayed on the website. There is also an option to upload a picture of yourself if you want that displayed in your Bio.
- Next you should Edit Bio. Here you can enter the categories of art you specialize in, as well as a description of your medium. You'll also want to enter your Bio information, artist statement, awards, gallery infomation, education, and anything you want people to know about you.
- Next click on Images, and begin adding images to your pages. Click the Add Image to add an image. Here you can enter the image title, description, medium, dimensions, price. Click the browse button to select the image from your computer. You can also set one image as your primary image. Your primary image will be displayed on the gallery pages of the site and will be displayed first in your image gallery.
- Other options in your administration include change password, and a link to view my page. Clicking this link will open another window and show you how your pages will appear on the website.
- You'll be provided a direct link to your artist pages. This is how you can direct people directly to your artist pages. On the main page in the administration you'll see this link. (this is the first page you see when you login)
When will my pages be displayed on the website?
Your pages will be live once you've added your profile, and added at least one image to your artist gallery.
Do you create websites for artists?
Yes, we create custom websites for artists. If you'd like more information about a custom website, please contact us and let us know what your needs are.
If you have any questions, experience problems, or would like to give us some feedback or suggestions to help make our service better, please contact us through the contact us page.