Ruth Friedman Painting, watercolor
Ruth Friedman, watercolorist is a native New Yorker, inspired by the drama of New York City and its many unusual structures. She is a graduate of Cooper Union Art School. Recipient of many awards including: Grumbacher Gold Medal, Rockville Center Art Show– 1992; Best in Show, Chung Cheng Gallery at St Johns U.– 1995; Krylor/Rowney Award– Salmagundi Club– 1999; 1st Place Watercolor, Pen and Brush Galleries – 2001 John Pike Memorial Award-North East Watercolor Society–2003; Ms Friedman’s first solo show at the New York Open Center in NYC, followed by a solo show award at the Pen & Brush Galleries, NYC.
Commissions and acquisitions include: Radio Advertising Bureau– Watercolor for lobby; Michael B. Weiss Ad Agency– Series of watercolors; The Ocean Vista Hotel, Ocean Grove, NJ. In the permanent collections of the Art Students League, NY; Kutztown University, PA; Michael Goldstein, Leon Goldstein High School Building for school dedication and the Museum of the City of New York.
Ms. Friedman is a signature member of the North East Watercolor Society and the Salmagundi Club.
- Rhode Island Watercolor Society– 1988
- Adirondack National Exhibit of American Watercolors– 9/88, 8/93
- National Watercolor Society– 11/89
- Northeast Watercolor Society, Annually– 10/89–10/03
- Salmagundi Club– 5/89–5/99
- Audubon Artists, National Arts Club–3/88, 3/90, 3/93
- Hudson River Valley Artists– 10/89
- American Artists Professional League– 11/91, 11/92, 11/93, 11/96
- Allied Artists–11/91, 11/92
- Pen and Brush Galleries–11/01, 5/02, 11/02